take some beatingidiom (1)
Definition of take some beating
(Entry 1 of 3)
: to require some considerable effort to match or surpass His wonderful performance will take some beating.
take some doingidiom (2)
Definition of take some doing (Entry 2 of 3)
: to require a lot of work Keeping everyone happy does take some doing.
take some getting used toidiom (3)
Definition of take some getting used to (Entry 3 of 3)
: to require that one become familiar with something so that it seems normal or usual The new color is nice, but it'll take some getting used to.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game