take one's (own) sweet timeidiom
Definition of take one's (own) sweet time
chiefly US, informal
: to do something as slowly as one wants even though other people want one to act more quickly She's taking her own sweet time about finishing the work.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game