take it easyidiom
Definition of take it easy
1 : to relax and avoid hard work or strain The doctor told her she should take it easy for a while.
2 : to stay or become calm and unexcited —usually used as a command Take it easy, Joe. Everything is going to be just fine.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game