take a pop atidiom
Definition of take a pop at
1 : to try to hit (someone) Some drunk took a pop at me.
2 chiefly British : to criticize (someone) publicly He took a pop at his rival.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game