take a load/weight off someone's mindidiom
Definition of take a load/weight off someone's mind
: to make someone stop worrying about something Hearing that she's safe has really taken a load off my mind!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game