take (something) in good partidiom
Definition of take (something) in good part
: to not become too angry or upset about something : to not object too much to something I was nervous when I had to tell him that he was wrong, but fortunately he took it in good part and we stayed friends.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?