take (someone) under one's wingidiom
Definition of take (someone) under one's wing
: to help, teach, or take care of (someone who is younger or has less experience) He took the rookie pitcher under his wing.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game