Definition of tailless airplane
: an aircraft consisting of a single wing without conventional fuselage or tail, housing cargo and personnel within the wing structure, and achieving stability and control by means of vertical external surfaces mounted on the wing tips or booms attached to the wing
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game