variants: or less commonly tailed rhyme
Definition of tail rhyme
: a verse form in which rhymed lines (as couplets or triplets) are followed by a line of different usually shorter length which does not rhyme with the couplet or triplet
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game