Definition of tail grape
: any of various tropical woody vines constituting a genus (Artabotrys) of the family Annonaceae and having solitary or clustered flowers borne on a woody often hooked peduncle that functions as a tendril especially : an eastern Asian vine (A. odoratissimus or A. uncinatus) that is sometimes cultivated for its very fragrant inconspicuous reddish brown flowers and showy inedible golden yellow pear-shaped fruits
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?