tag·ma | \ ˈtagmə\
plural tagmata\ -mətə \
Definition of tagma
: a compound body section of an arthropod resulting from embryonic fusion of two or more somites (as the cephalothorax of a spider) or consisting of two or more distinguishable segments (as the thorax of an insect)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?