Definition of tactical unit
: an organization of troops designed to function as a single unit in combat specifically : the organizational unit (as an infantry battalion or a cavalry squadron) in any arm of the service upon which the tactical instruction of that particular arm is based
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game