Definition of tabular standard
: a sliding scale to regulate the amount of money to be paid in discharge of a debt designed to assure the creditor of a definite amount of purchasing power rather than a fixed sum in currency that may have changed in value — compare index number
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?