ta·bia | \ ˈtäbyə\
Definition of tabia
: a building material composed of earth, lime, and pebbles rammed into place between forms and found very durable in rainless areas and especially in building the castles of the northern Sahara — compare tabby entry 3
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game