ta·bia | \ ˈtäbyə\
Definition of tabia
: a building material composed of earth, lime, and pebbles rammed into place between forms and found very durable in rainless areas and especially in building the castles of the northern Sahara — compare tabby entry 3
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game