synthetic ammonia processnoun
Definition of synthetic ammonia process
: any of several processes (such as the Haber process or the Claude process) for the manufacture of ammonia from nitrogen and hydrogen under conditions of high temperature and pressure in the presence of a catalyst (such as a promoted iron catalyst) — compare nitrogen fixation sense 1
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?