swot upphrasal verb
Definition of swot up
: to study (something) very hard She swotted up for the French exam. She swotted up French for the exam. —often + on He needs to swot up on French verbs.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game