swot upphrasal verb
swotted up; swotting up; swots up
Definition of swot up
: to study (something) very hard She swotted up for the French exam. She swotted up French for the exam. —often + on He needs to swot up on French verbs.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game