Definition of swamp lily
1 : atamasco lily
2 : a white-flowered crinum (Crinum americanum) of the southern U.S.
3 : lizard's-tail
4 : turk's-cap lily
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game