swain·so·na | \ swānˈsōnə\
Definition of swainsona
1 capitalized : a genus of Australian herbs and subshrubs (family Leguminosae) having odd-pinnate leaves and racemes of small variously colored flowers with orbicular standard and twisted wings
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Swainsona — see darling pea
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game