supplementary proceedingsplural noun
Definition of supplementary proceedings
1 : proceedings under a code or practice act for the examination of a judgment debtor or others to discover property for payment of the judgment
2 : proceedings ancillary to or in modification of an earlier action or suit (such as a petition to modify a decree for alimony or custody of children or one to appoint a receiver)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game