Definition of superweapon
: an extremely powerful weapon President Truman had, as vice president, been kept totally in the dark about the Manhattan Project, so it was a great surprise to him to learn of the atomic superweapon soon to be at his disposal.— Kelli Peduzzi This is a trebuchet, a fearsome, poorly understood superweapon of the Middle Ages …— Evan Hadingham
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?