Definition of superpatriot
: an extremely or excessively zealous or devoted patriot … a superpatriot committed to country, family and the less fortunate.— Jim Squires The drivers all seemed to be superpatriots who regarded any passenger without an American flag in his lapel as a possible spy.— Edward Sorel
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?