Definition of supernation
: a very large or powerful nation She argued that the Bush administration was secretly trying to create a supernation by merging the United States with Canada and Mexico.— Daniel Scarpinato But perhaps what I like most about soccer is the fact that America is so bad at it. … It is somehow gratifying, though, to see that the world's all-powerful supernation has an Achilles heel.— Carrie Cox
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game