Definition of superchurch
: a church with an extremely large membership By coincidence, another superchurch is calling at the moment: First Baptist of Dallas, the 28,000-member flagship of Southern Baptist Fundamentalism.— Richard N. Ostling et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game