sum·mist | \ ˈsəmə̇st\
Definition of summist
1 : a writer of a summa specifically : one of the medieval philosophers who wrote a philosophical or theological summa
2 archaic : one who abridges or epitomizes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?