sum·mist | \ ˈsəmə̇st\
Definition of summist
1 : a writer of a summa specifically : one of the medieval philosophers who wrote a philosophical or theological summa
2 archaic : one who abridges or epitomizes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game