Definition of summer grape
: a wild grape (Vitis aestivalis) native to eastern North America but widely cultivated in Europe that bears rather small pleasantly flavored berries and has superior powers of resisting the attacks of the phylloxera
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game