Definition of summer grape
: a wild grape (Vitis aestivalis) native to eastern North America but widely cultivated in Europe that bears rather small pleasantly flavored berries and has superior powers of resisting the attacks of the phylloxera
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?