su·lu | \ ˈsü(ˌ)lü\
Definition of sulu
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a garment made similar to the lavalava and worn especially by Fijians and other Melanesians
Su·lu | \ ˈsü(ˌ)lü\
plural Sulu or Sulus
Definition of Sulu (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game