Definition of sulfur chloride
: a chloride of sulfur: such as
a : a yellow fuming irritating corrosive toxic liquid S2Cl2 that is made usually by reaction of chlorine with molten sulfur and often contains sulfur or sulfur dichloride and that is used chiefly as a chlorinating or sulfurizing agent or as both simultaneously, in making vulcanized oils, and in the cold cure of rubber; di-sulfur dichloride
— called also sulfur monochloride
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game