Definition of sulfur chloride
: a chloride of sulfur: such as
a : a yellow fuming irritating corrosive toxic liquid S2Cl2 that is made usually by reaction of chlorine with molten sulfur and often contains sulfur or sulfur dichloride and that is used chiefly as a chlorinating or sulfurizing agent or as both simultaneously, in making vulcanized oils, and in the cold cure of rubber; di-sulfur dichloride
— called also sulfur monochloride
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?