sul·fen·ic acid | \ ¦səl¦fenik-\
Definition of sulfenic acid
: any of a series of monobasic organic acids of sulfur having the general formula RSOH and known almost exclusively in the form of derivatives (such as acid halides and amides) — compare sulfinic acid , sulfonic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?