sul·fen·ic acid | \ ¦səl¦fenik-\
Definition of sulfenic acid
: any of a series of monobasic organic acids of sulfur having the general formula RSOH and known almost exclusively in the form of derivatives (such as acid halides and amides) — compare sulfinic acid , sulfonic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?