suit (someone) down to the groundidiom
Definition of suit (someone) down to the ground
: to suit someone perfectly : to be something that someone enjoys very much This kind of work suits me down to the ground.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game