sugar beet root aphidnoun
Definition of sugar beet root aphid
: a root aphid (Pemphigus populivenae) that causes severe injury to sugar beet, beet, and mangel crops in the western U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?