Definition of sucre
(Entry 1 of 3)
: the basic monetary unit of Ecuador until 2000
Definition of Sucre (Entry 2 of 3)
Antonio José de 1795–1830 South American liberator
Definition of Sucre (Entry 3 of 3)
city southeast of La Paz in south central Bolivia population 244,000
Note: Sucre is Bolivia's constitutional capital.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?