Definition of sucre
(Entry 1 of 3)
: the basic monetary unit of Ecuador until 2000
Definition of Sucre (Entry 2 of 3)
Antonio José de 1795–1830 South American liberator
Definition of Sucre (Entry 3 of 3)
city southeast of La Paz in south central Bolivia population 244,000
Note: Sucre is Bolivia's constitutional capital.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game