Definition of success story
1 : a story of a person who rises to fortune, acclaim, or brilliant achievement In the world of finance, his is a great success story.
2 : someone or something that has achieved a goal I am one of the diet clinic's success stories.
3 : someone or something that has achieved wealth, respect, or fame That company is one of this area's biggest success stories.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?