sub·oesophageal ganglion | \ ¦səb+...-\
Definition of suboesophageal ganglion
: a ganglionic mass formed in an insect by the fusion of the nerve ganglia of the 4th, 5th and 6th body segments
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game