sub·no·ta·tion | \ ¦səbˌnōˈtāshən \
Definition of subnotation
: a written answer to an inquiry addressed by a private citizen upon some matter of law or policy to an emperor, sovereign, or pope
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game