variants: or sub-component
plural subcomponents or sub-components
Definition of subcomponent
: a component that is part of a larger component But what does a contractor actually have to do to assure its representations are correct? It has to know when the thing was developed and who paid for it; and it must know the answer to those questions at the lowest segregable component level—meaning subcomponents for hardware and subroutines for software.— W. Jay DeVecchio When a violinist bows a string to make a high C note, the sound actually contains many individual subcomponents called harmonics.— Dragan Huterer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game