variants: or sub-collection
plural subcollections or sub-collections
Definition of subcollection
: a collection (as of books or artwork) that is part of a larger collection … so many of her architects' drawings are for furniture designs that she has what constitutes a virtual subcollection of furniture sketches …— Paul Goldberger … the thirty-three remaining Renoirs … form the most important subcollection at the museum.— Patricia R. Ivinski The collection of the ministry documents covers the period from 1866 to 1922 and consists of 4,598 registers or notebooks. It is classified according to twenty-one subcollections, according to office of origin.— Yücel Güçlü
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?