variants: or sub-agency
plural subagencies or sub-agencies
Definition of subagency
1 : a subordinate agency regional subagencies of the U.S. Department of Transportation
2 : the office or function of a subagent (as in real estate) A subagency is created when one broker appoints other brokers, as subagents, to help perform client-based functions on the principal's behalf.— Thomas J. Bellairs et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game