Definition of stuntperson
: a person who doubles for an actor during the filming of stunts and dangerous scenes : a stuntman or stuntwoman A California court held that while a movie stuntperson does not assume the risk of injury by performing a movie stunt, a stuntperson who fails to employ a seat belt during an automobile stunt is contributorily negligent. — Case & Comment Ask stuntpeople how they got into the business and they'll usually say, "I fell into it."— Kevin Conley
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game