Definition of stuntperson
: one who doubles for an actor during the filming of stunts and dangerous scenes : a stuntman or stuntwoman A California court held that while a movie stuntperson does not assume the risk of injury by performing a movie stunt, a stuntperson who fails to employ a seat belt during an automobile stunt is contributorily negligent. — Case & Comment Ask stuntpeople how they got into the business and they'll usually say, "I fell into it."— Kevin Conley
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game