Definition of strontium hydroxide
: a deliquescent solid Sr(OH)2 that forms a crystalline octahydrate, that dissolves in water to form a decidedly alkaline solution, and that is used chiefly in making soaps and greases and in refining beet sugar and recovering sugar from the molasses by the formation of insoluble sucrates
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game