strom·bus | \ ˈsträmbəs\
Definition of strombus
1 capitalized : a genus of marine gastropod mollusks (family Strombidae) having a heavy obconical shell with a short conical spire and usually a much expanded outer lip, a horny operculum, a narrow foot, long snout, and long eye peduncles — see king conch
2 plural -es : any mollusk of the genus Strombus
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game