variants: or striped dogwood
Definition of striped maple
: a maple (Acer pennsylvanicum) of eastern North America with striped bark and large thin 3-lobed leaves
— called also moosewood
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game