Definition of string organ
: a reed organ having a set of vibrators or free reeds joined by rods with wires or strings that are thus made to vibrate with them and give musical tones resembling those both of the harmonium and pianoforte
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game