Definition of stretch yarn
: synthetic yarn that will stretch under tension and contract when released made from usually thermoplastic filaments that have been given a permanently-set corkscrew twist and then plied or reverse-twisted and used especially for hosiery
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game