Definition of strawberry rootworm
: a grub that is the larva of a small brownish black-spotted leaf beetle (Paria fragariae) and that lives in the soil and feeds on the roots of strawberries
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game