Definition of straight joint
1 : a continuous floor joint transverse to the length of the boards
2 : a joint between pieces of wood without tongues, dowels, or other fittings
— called also square joint
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game