stopping in transit
Definition of stopping in transit
: a special service by carriers that permits a shipper to unload part of a shipment at intermediate points and then send the remainder to a final destination at a through rate plus stopping charge
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game