Definition of stone pine
1 : swiss pine
2 : a pine (Pinus pinea) of southern Europe that has a wide-spreading flat-topped head and is much cultivated in warm countries for its sweet almondlike seeds
— called also umbrella pine
3 : nut pine sense a
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?