Definition of stoker
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : one employed to tend a furnace and supply it with fuel specifically : one that tends a marine steam boiler
2 : a machine for feeding a fire
Definition of Stoker (Entry 2 of 2)
Bram 1847–1912 Irish writer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game