Definition of stink eye
informal : a look expressing annoyance, resentment, or disapproval —usually used with the As I bumbled my way through the ordering experience in Boston, I could feel the regulars giving me the stink eye [=giving me a dirty look]. "Who is this clueless fool?" I imagined them thinking to themselves, as I accidentally cut off the woman ahead of me.— Tim SchenckAnd when a new intruder comes … into my cove,… I do what any good bass fisherman would do. I give him the stink eye.— David Lansing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?