still·son wrench | \ ˈstilsən-\
Definition of stillson wrench
: a pipe wrench having an adjustable L-shaped jaw sliding in a sleeve that is pivoted to and loosely encircles the handle so that pressure on the handle increases the grip
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game